Hello! Stephanie here.
Real life is messy, chaotic, and beautiful.
I want to capture that, documenting your wedding day as it organically unfolds. I use a documentary and photojournalism approach, to carefully curate an album that is uniquely you. Rather shy, I am not one to be in the forefront posing and directing, telling you to smile. Rather I quietly document, capturing the emotion and beauty of reality. Raw and unscripted, that is what makes your wedding truly yours. I want to really get to know you, so we can make sure your photos really represent YOU.
The focus of your day should be about the experience, the photos just a way to capture a memory.
How I cater to offbeat weddings
Once upon a time I was exactly where you are now–planning a wedding and looking to Offbeat Wed for help with planning and inspiration. Shy, non-religious, and quirky, I knew a big traditional wedding wasn’t for me. Years later I am now helping others with their own offbeat weddings.
- Supporting all couples – I am proud to be an inclusive wedding photographer, serving all couples.
- True-to-life – Using a documentary approach to photography, I do minimal posing, instead capturing the day as it unfolds. Additionally in my editing process, I strive to have my colors as vibrant and true to life as possible. This also applies to skin tones which I make sure are accurately reflected.
- Communication your way – As someone who struggles with social anxiety and who works odd hours, I understand not everyone can meet in person, or hop on a phone call to discuss details. I am happy to converse in whatever method works best for you!
- Flexible packages and affordable pricing – It’s really important to me that my prices be accessible and affordable. I am happy to work with you to modify a package according to your needs to help you stay within budget.
- No body shaming – With the exception of acne, I will not photoshop or make any modifications to your body in photos unless specifically requested.
Examples of my work